- 1 handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves finely chopped
- 4 cobs of sweetcorn, husks pulled back and silks removed
- 80g butter, softened salt flakes
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1/2 long red chilli, chopped
- 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tablespoon salt flakes
-1/2 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
1. Light a wood or charcoal fire, or preheat the barbeque on high.
2. For the paprika salt, combine the salt and paprika in a small bowl.
3. Spread the herbs out on a tray.
4. Once the flames have died down and the coals have a coating of white ash, brush the corn with a little of the butter, season with salt and grill for 3-4 minutes, turning once or twice, until tender and nicely charred.
5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the rest of the butter. When the butter begins to foam and turn slighlty golden, add the garlic and chilli and cook briefly until fragrant and lightly golden. Take the pan off the heat and stop the cooking with a good squeeze of lime.
6. Add the corn to the pan and roll in the butter to coat well, then roll the corn in the herbs.
7. if you don't have husks on the corn, push skewers into the cobs. Plate up the corn and finish with a little more lime juice and a sprinkling of paprika salt. Serve with lime wedges and extra paprika salt on the side. The party has started!