Please be advised that we were notified that an individual who visited Westpoint has tested positive for COVID-19.
NSW Health has advised that the individual who tested positive visited Westpoint on 28 December 2020 between 2.40pm and 3.20pm.
NSW Health are taking steps to identify who may have been in recent contact with the person who tested positive, and we understand they will be making direct contact with those identified.
The health and wellbeing of our entire community is a top priority for us, which is why we are taking notifications of this kind very seriously. For information on what we are doing to help keep those that visit and work at Westpoint safe, please see below paragraph 'Keeping you safe at Westpoint'.
We will be guided by NSW Health in any next steps we need to take in managing this situation safely, including additional deep cleaning.
We encourage anyone who is feeling unwell and suspects they may have symptoms of COVID-19 to self-isolate and seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Please visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates if you have further questions.
Keeping you safe at Westpoint
Our community’s health and wellbeing is our overriding priority and we continue to maintain a range of measures to help keep you safe when you visit Westpoint. These include:
• Strengthening our already stringent cleaning processes, including a heightened focus on sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant, as well as increasing the number of cleaning rotations each day.
• Placement of hand sanitiser stations at key locations throughout the centre, including our main centre entrances and Customer Service Desk for our entire community to access.
• Installation of signage across our Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, as well as the placement of Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
• Contactless wayfinding, available at our Centre directories, allowing you to scan a QR code on your mobile to find any store in the Centre.
• Continuation of our Order and Collect service, allowing you to order from your preferred Westpoint stores and have your order delivered directly to your car. Find out more here
How you can help
While visiting Westpoint, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
• Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
• Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
• Wearing a mask – In line with recent government advice, when visiting Westpoint from 29 January 2021 masks will be recommended but no longer compulsory. Masks will remain mandatory for front of house hospitality staff and in hairdressers and beauty parlours.
• Handling illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
• Adhere to capacity guidelines – currently in NSW the one in two square metre rule applies. Please adhere to retailer maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at their store entrance. 500 customers are allowed in our Level 3 Food Court, 300 customers are allowed in our Level 1 Food Court and 100 customers are allowed in our Level 1 Fresh Food seating area, whilst still adhering to the 1.5 metres distance rule.
• Plan your visit - due to restricted numbers in our restaurants, beauty salons, gyms and cinema, please ensure you contact individual retailers to book your visit.
We ask for your support in ensuring Westpoint continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit NSW Health's website here.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Westpoint