Community notice | 19 September 2021
Please be advised that we have been notified that individual/s who recently visited or worked at Westpoint have since been confirmed to have COVID-19. Please see full details below.
- A staff member at Great Southern Bank (previously CUA) has tested positive for COVID-19. The staff member who tested positive last worked at Westpoint on:
Monday 13 September between 8:30am and 4:30pm
Tuesday 14 September between 8:30am and 4:30pm
Wednesday 15 September between 8:30am and 4:30pm
Thursday 16 September between 8:30am and 4:30pm
Friday 17 September between 8:30am and 4:30pm
- A customer at Aldi has tested positive for COVID-19. The individual who tested positive visited the store on Friday 10 September between 2:57pm and 3:00pm.
These retailers have responded swiftly to these notifications, sending all team members who interacted with these individuals to get tested and self-isolate and organising deep cleans of their tenancies.
Please be aware that Great Southern Bank (previously CUA) will remain closed on Monday 20 September to undertake a deep clean of their premises.
Our community’s health and safety is always our top priority and we are taking this situation very seriously.
We continue to perform regular deep cleaning of our common areas and amenities with high-grade disinfectant and uphold our robust cleaning standards that adhere to the Federal Government’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection for COVID-19 principles. We have also worked with the retailers involved to swiftly respond to these situations.
We will be guided by NSW Health in any next steps we need to take in managing this situation safely, including additional deep cleaning and contact tracing.
Please visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/nsw-covid-19-case-locations for more details on this evolving situation.
Changes to Westpoint in accordance with the New South Wales Government issued lockdown –23 August 2021
The New South Wales Government has extended the hard lockdown currently in place in Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong until at least 12:01am Thursday 30 September.
While Westpoint will remain open and trading during this lockdown, serving the essential needs of those that choose to visit us, there are a number of restrictions impacting specific retailers at the centre.
The following essential goods and services are permitted to continue to trade during this time:
- Supermarkets and grocery stores (including butchers, bakeries, fruit and vegetable stores, liquor stores and fishmongers)
- Stores that predominately sell health, medical, maternity and infant supplies
- Pharmacies and chemists
- Retailers operating as ‘click and collect’ only
- Hospitality venues, including restaurants and cafes, offering takeaway and home delivery services only
- Banks and financial institutions
- Pet supplies
- Post offices and newsagents
- Office supplies.
Although these retailers are permitted to trade, some may make the decision to temporarily close or otherwise reduce their hours. We encourage you to visit westpoint.qicgre.com/Directory for the most recent information on individual retailers’ trading hours.
Please note that our café and restaurant retailers are permitted to remain open, offering takeaway and home delivery services only. Details of café and restaurant retailers offering takeaway and food delivery is available here.
Please make sure to use the QR codes available throughout the Centre to check-in the next time you visit us.
For further details on what this lockdown means for you, we encourage you to visit https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/default.aspx.
Mandatory face masks
If you choose to visit us during this time, please remember that you must wear a face mask at all times when visiting our Centre, unless:
- Medical reasons
- Under the age of 12 (although exempt, children under the age of 12 are encouraged to wear masks where practicable)
- Practical reasons e.g. eating and drinking
- Any other circumstance where it’s not safe to wear a mask.
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring a face mask with you the next time you visit Westpoint.
We also ask for your continued support in making sure Westpoint continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this time.
Changes to Westpoint in accordance with the New South Wales Government issued lockdown of the Blacktown LGA – 23 July 2021
The New South Wales Government has announced stricter restrictions for people living in the Blacktown LGA.
We understand that this is a difficult time for our entire community, and we’d like to take a moment to reassure you of our strict adherence to NSW Health directives throughout this lockdown period. It can’t be overstated how seriously we take our responsibility in helping to keep our community safe.
While Westpoint will remain open and trading during this time, serving the essential needs of those who choose to visit us, these new restrictions may mean that some of our retailers choose to close or otherwise change their trading hours. Please visit https://westpoint.qicgre.com/Directory for the latest details of our retailers’ trading hours.
Our thoughts remain firmly with our community. Please stay safe and continue to follow the advice of the authorities to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We are right here with you.
Keeping you safe at Westpoint
Our community’s health and wellbeing is our overriding priority and we continue to maintain a range of measures to help keep you safe when you visit Westpoint. These include:
• Strengthening our already stringent cleaning processes, including a heightened focus on sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant, as well as increasing the number of cleaning rotations each day.
• Placement of hand sanitiser stations at key locations throughout the centre, including our main centre entrances and Customer Service Desk for our entire community to access.
• Installation of signage across our Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, as well as the placement of Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
• Contactless wayfinding, available at our Centre directories, allowing you to scan a QR code on your mobile to find any store in the Centre.
• Continuation of our Order and Collect service, allowing you to order from your preferred Westpoint stores and have your order delivered directly to your car. Find out more here
How you can help
While visiting Westpoint, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
• Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
• Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
• Wearing a mask – If you choose to visit us during this time, please remember that you must wear a face mask.
• Handling illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
• Adhere to capacity guidelines – currently in NSW the one in four square metre rule applies. Please adhere to retailer maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at their store entrance.
We ask for your support in ensuring Westpoint continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit NSW Health's website here.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Westpoint
• Acting with kindness – we ask for your support in ensuring Westpoint continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
• Using the NSW Check In App – we encourage you to check in at Westpoint, as well as any retailers you visit, next time you are at the Centre by using the Check In NSW app to scan the QR codes available to you.